Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Updates

June 9, 2007

Today we had our family reunion after two years from the last one back in 2005. Our next one will be in 2009. Our cousin came down and we had a blast watching movies, and playing video games.

Good times

June 12, 2007

Today I finally got my Tv-tuner card in my new PC working probably, but I did have a strange problem.

I did install it a few days ago but it wasn't working on I talk to tech support and they suggested to reinstall it into a different slot. In which I did and it came up. I installed the drivers and the application for the TV-tuner and trouble-shooted it for a while because I wasn't getting a picture. I switched cables and stuff and finally got it up and running with TV.

Then I left for work. I placed my computer in stand by mode. I get off work and get home into my room booted my computer and launched my TV from my PC tv tuner.

I got no picture just funky colors in the window. Again I looked at my cables and everything was fine so I decided to restart the machine. Once it booted back up I got a MISSING FILE ERROR. I was like OK, what the hell.

It told me to boot up my windows install disk and run the recovery console which I did and it is okay now.

I have no idea in the slightest why I got that error message. The only thing I did before that message is install that TV-tuner app to watch TV on my PC.

I wasn't all that worried because I had a image of my computer when I first installed the OS so I could just re-install that image. I just didn't want to take the time to do so...

Anyways that is it for now. I'm working now so I will try to blog whenever I can.

Later

No comments: