Sunday, May 27, 2007

Another Computer Update: Order & Delivery

I ordered all my parts on the 18th of May. They shipped and were scheduled to be delivered next week on the 24th by UPS.

I tracked it all the way here using UPS's tracking on there site.

5-24-07
The package arrived and I was happy. So I took it to my room and opened it up like it was Christmas. I pulled out the Packing Invoice and pulled out all the items and checked them off the list.

Ran into a BIG problem they didn't ship my CPU, the brains of the computer itself, or my TV Turner card for my PC. Even without the CPU I couldn't build nothing the computer was worthless for now.

So I got on the horn, the phone, and called Tigerdirect.com 1-800 number to talk to someone in which I did. I told what items were missing and what there item numbers were.

NOTE: There was No damage to the box what so ever the missing items didn't fall out some were in transit.

So I told customer support and they said they have to investagate this insident it would take 2 - 7 days to complete. ok I said. and click went the phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I had another project to keep me busy so I wasn't that mad but I was mad.

May 25, 2007

I receieved a email from Tigerdirect.com with an invoice stating that the missing items were being shipped.

But..... another problem looking at the email it said, they were shipping a CPU with all the right specs etc, but they were shipping another video card, NOT the TV tuner. So I called and again it was about 9 o'clock the email was recieved at 6:22pm but I didn't check it till now.

I had no idea that it was going to be shipping so fast.

So like I said I call and said there was a problem and your shipping the wrong item again. No like I was said it was 9 so the warehouse was closed and it was too late. What the man told me to do was when I recieve the package send the video card back and they will shipp the TV tuner.

NOTE: I've ordered from Tigerdirect before but it was only one item. That's it why you always check the invoice inside the package to make sure you got everything. I kind of expected something to happen with this big order of mine.

NOTE 2: From the warehouse from Tigerdirect it takes about 6-7 days to get here so about 2 weeks round trip. So I am looking at 5 weeks to complete this order. But the man said that they will "rush" my last item on my original list.

Thats it I'll keep you updated

No comments: